Pet Harbor Rescue, P.O. Box 73, Bowling Green, VA 22427

(703) 583-HSKY info@petharbor.org

Jack – Adopted!

I went to my forever home on September 10, 2020!

previous arrow
next arrow
PlayPause
Slider
Age (approx):
4 years old
Birthday (approx):
July 29, 2016
What am I?
Neutered male Siberian husky
Colors:
Grey & white, bi-eyed (one blue eye, one brown eye)
Weight:
62 pounds (as of 7/29/20)
Experience with Children:
Pet Harbor was told I previously lived with children with disabilities and was good with them. I am brand new to Pet Harbor, and I have met children up to age 7 since coming here and have been great with them.
Experience with Cats:
Because I have ended a kitty’s life, I certainly cannot live with them.
Experience with Dogs:
I was fine with a dog in an adoptive home before coming to Pet Harbor until I wasn’t. When introduced to dogs at the shelter, I was fine. Since coming to Pet Harbor, I have been fine with the 5 other dogs, all Siberians, I’ve met. When I go for walks, I greet other dogs well and initiate play with about 70% of them. With the other 30%, I growl.
Energy Level:
Medium-High
Owner Aptitude Level:
Novice
Named for 9/11 Victim:
I was named for John "Jack" Andreacchio.
History:
First, I was in a shelter because I was running at large. I then was adopted. They also had a cat. Unfortunately, when kitty ran, I ended kitty’s life. I went back to the shelter. I got adopted again. I was fine with their other dog, also a Siberian, and then I wasn’t. I went back to the shelter. Then I came to Pet Harbor.
Movies:
  1. 9/5/2020 – I MUST have my Morning Walk!

More About Me: Polite and kind. Well-mannered. You could take me to the country club for dinner. I’ll behave. I do have one demand. I MUST have two walks a day: AM & PM. And if I don’t get them, you will quickly know. I will stand in your face and whine until I get them. Okay. Maybe I should rephrase. As long as I get my two walks, I am polite, kind, and well-mannered. Check out my video, and you will see & hear me politely request my morning walk! I’m not super confident. I am slow to warm up to new things and am easily distracted. Not big on kissing. I’m too refined for that. Well, most of the time. I do have a side of me that’s immense fun. That’s because I get a case of the zoomies and will run and run and run around a fenced yard, playing “Gotcha!” and “Keep away!” I’m also content to play with toys alone. So if you ask me, I’m pretty adaptable. My foster mom says I’m an easy keeper . . . as long as I get my two daily walks! If you’re interested in me, you must make sure you have researched just what a Siberian Husky is. I’ve lost at least one home already. So the next one must be my last one. Just as you would with children, you must be willing to work through whatever issues come up. If you’re not ready for that, please don’t apply to adopt. If you are ready, though, that’s fantastic!