Please remember all positions are voluntary. Our pay is in the love and companionship of the animals, and the rewards gained in helping homeless animals go to forever homes.
Our list of volunteer needs is always under revision.
Some examples of volunteer tasks currently in need are:
- Foster homes. To do this, please fill out the Foster Application.
- Home Visitors. We cover a large area, primarily parts of Virginia, Maryland, and D.C., and are always in need of persons to do home visits in various areas. It takes no expertise and is easy to do.
- Transporting animals and equipment to/from shelters/vets/foster homes/events
- Telephone work
- Adoption event assistance
- Application processing assistants (phone and e-mail work)
- Follow-up assistants (phone and e-mail work)
- Specific Web assistance
- Grooming/bathing dogs
- Temperament testing dogs at shelters throughout our territory
- Hands-on animal care (in Bowling Green)
You will learn about these and many more and have the ability to make suggestions of your own on our volunteer opportunities mailing list! We hope you have an interest in saving Siberian Huskies and/or kitties and spaying and neutering and join our team today!