If you are a shelter or pound and would like brochures we have prepared to educate your potential adopters of Siberian Huskies about the breed, send us a note with your address and how many brochures.
What exactly is Pet Harbor Rescue?
Pet Harbor Rescue is lots of things. If you examine us closely, though, you will see three primary categories within Pet Harbor Rescue:
- Our critters (those huskies seeking homes, those kitties seeking homes, and those who found homes)
- Our board of directors and officers
- Our volunteers
What does Pet Harbor Rescue do?
Together we do many things. Our primary mission is to save the lives of Siberian Huskies in danger (when it is within our ability to do so) in Virginia and surrounding area and find them homes. Our focus is on those Siberians on death row in shelters.
Pet Harbor is a nonstock, nonprofit Virginia animal rescue organization. We operate by donation and volunteers. We have no paid employees. Our veterinary bills and the donations we receive are not balanced at all! The animals in our care are fostered in homes. We do not have a shelter facility but have as a future goal a no-kill shelter.
We are a Siberian Husky and cat rescue organization.
- March 6, 2000 – Our incorporation in the Commonwealth of Virginia is approved.
- March 8, 2000 – We have our federal Employer Identification Number.
- June 6, 2001 – 501(c)(3) application filed with the IRS!
- August 23, 2001 – The IRS has approved our 501(c)(3) application. We are now officially a tax-exempt organization. What that means is all donations to our organization (retroactive to the date of incorporation) are tax-deductible. Any donation you have made to us since March 6, 2000 is officially tax-deductible.